INNOVATIVE AND THOROUGH CONTROL SYSTEM DESIGN
A common practice in our industry is to defer the majority of the control system design to the control contractors. They tend to apply “canned” or “one-size-fits-all” algorithms without much regard to your individual system and performance needs.
We have an active controls engineering group developing solutions using hardware and software from companies such as Rockwell, Inductive Automation, ProSoft, and others. As well, we are a participant in the Rockwell System Integrator program.
We provide a detailed design that results in higher system performance, lower installed cost, fewer change orders, and better occupant comfort. The control system becomes a part of the building system design, rather than being added on at the end. Our design process can also help you integrate multiple vendors’ open-protocol platforms and communication systems (BACnet, LON, Modbus, TCP/IP) into a single user interface.
You will benefit from:
- A detailed points list that spells out every sensor and controlled device, including location and performance requirements
- A description of all screen graphics, trends, and reports, enabling better building management
- Sequences-of-operation for all control loops that make use of the power of digital controls, including Web access and network integration
- System architecture design
- Commissioning and start-up
Our detailed control system design is part of every new building, renovation, central plant, and control upgrade project. Control contractors frequently compliment us for providing a design that is clear, easy to bid, and workable, which results in lower bids and better performance for our customers.